Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes and Celery Root
- 1 lb. celery root, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3-4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly-ground pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
2. Cook until vegetables are very tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain vegetables thoroughly in a colander and return to warm saucepan.
3. Add cream, milk, butter, the remaining salt and pepper.
4. Using a potato masher or an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a warmed serving bowl or platter and serve immediately. Serves 6 to 8.
*Items in BOLD are available at the Davis Farmers Market
Recipe featured from William-Sonoma and Georgeanne Brennan's Holiday Entertaining, Inspired recipes & ideas for celebrating the season