Stall Fees are calculated as a percentage of the seller's gross sales for that Market Day. A stall fee will be collected for each space used, even in case of no sales.
- Members: 6% of gross sales ($30.00 minimum on Sat, $20 minimum at Picnic in the Park and $10 minimum at the UC Davis Farmers Market - Silo)
- Non-Members: 8% of gross sales, $26.00 minimum (You must be a member to sell on Sat or at the UC Davis - Silo Farmers Market - Silo)
Market Hours :
- Central Park:
Saturdays : 8:00 am to 1:00 pm (Year Round)
Wednesdays : 4:30 pm to 8:30 pm - (Mar 19 through Oct 29, 2014) "Picnic in the Park"
Wednesdays : 2:00 to 6:00 pm - (Nov 5, 2014 through Mar 11, 2015) Winter Market
Wednesdays: 11:00 am to 1:30 pm (Fall & Spring Quarters)
Thursdays: 10 am - 1 pm (Year Round)
Market Policy For Socio-Political/Community Groups:
The Davis Farmers Market allows non-profit organizations and community information groups to have space at the Market in a designated area which is determined and assigned by the Market Manager. All interested parties requesting such a space should check with the Manager for proper placement before setting up. It is recommended that you arrive by 7am on Saturdays and by 4:00pm on Wednesdays. Groups are responsible for bringing their own chairs, table and signage. Your space will not exceed 10'x10'. Each group must sign and return the "Market Policy for Socio-Political/Community Groups Form" before or upon arrival.
Each group or individual is allowed to come as needed during the year. Only one form needs to be completed for unlimited visits. Please remember to update your group contact information as needed. All non-profit groups must provide the Manager with satisfactory proof of the organization's non-profit status, and of his or her position as a representative of the organization. Resale of items, approvedin advance by the Market Manager, related to or in support of participating organizations for fund raising purposes is permitted.
Rules that groups or individuals must follow while present at the Davis Farmers Market are as follows:
- Individuals or groups may not interfere with Market operations by aggressively soliciting signatures, donations or attention. Such activities may not block sidewalks or access to assigned seller stall spaces.
- All individuals or groups must stay behind their tables or displays. At no time may representatives walk through the Market handing out information.
- Individuals or groups must accept the spaces assigned to them by the Market Manager.
- Each organization or individual must prominently display its name, bring its own tables and chairs and must comply with all applicable Market rules.
- The Market retains the right to regulate the time, place and manner of activities relating to displays, signs, posters, placards and other expressions of the interests represented. The use of "fighting words", obscenities, grisly or gruesome displays or highly inflammatory slogans likely to provoke a disturbance may be prohibited by the Market Manager.
- If you represent an Animal Rescue Group, we no longer allow animal rescue groups at our market.
The Board of Directors has authorized the Market Manager to enforce the above rules. Violation could mean expulsion from the Market. The Market cannot endorse the opinions or positions of any group or individual.
After January 1, 2014, any group interested in tabling at the market must resubmit a form, even if the contact information has not changed.
If you have further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Groups Fundraising Policy:
2. There are some Market policy clarifications in the items that will be approved for sale by all Groups. This clarification in policy requires all community groups to resubmit the items they wish to sell for fundraising purposes for approval.
Effective immediately, the Market will only approve the sale of items for fundraising purposes by Community Groups that meet the criteria of the original intent of the Davis Farmers Market Rules and Regulations. These Market Rules and Regulations were created to allow Community Groups to sell items to fundraise for their organizations. This return to the original intent will be congruent with the authorizing Ordinance; Chapter 14 of the Davis Municipal Code; Farmers Markets, that governs the Davis Farmers Market which states:
"Nonprofit organizations, including the Market Association, may engage in the resale of items related to or in support of their organizational purposes".
In plain English, this means that from now on, only those items that are organizationally sanctioned and/or represent the organization will be approved for sale. Examples of items that will be allowed to be sold include Sierra Club Calendars, Girl Scout Cookies, SPCA logo water bottles and t-shirts, packaged farmers cooperative coffee with the cooperative logo on it, Raptor Center branded products, to name a few. Service clubs will still be able to sell raffle tickets and tickets to their events, and activities, such as Rotary Turkey barbecue, Pence Gallery Garden Tour and Tour de Cluck tickets, etc.
Things that used to be sold, but will no longer be approved include jewelry, toys, books and unrelated items, to name a few, that do not represent the nonprofit organization in branding or name. If these items are made by the nonprofit organization and are branded, then they might be considered for acceptance.
The Market will make the determination, as always, whether an item will be approved to be sold for organizational fundraising purposes.
3. In addition, individuals representing organizations may be required to provide proof that the fundraising proceeds are being given directly to the organization on who's behalf the fundraising items have been sold.
4. This information reflecting the new policies will be available on our website, and at the Market for your reference.