Shop the market Saturday 8 am to 1 pm
Shop the market Saturday 8 am to 1 pm for local, farm-fresh food. Loads of late summer & early fall produce plus artisan pasta, fresh juices & herbs, local eggs, chicken, meat & seafood, cheese & wine, dried fruit & nuts, flowers, plants & a bevy of baked goods. Music by Regal Beezers at the Market Shed and Peter Franklin at the Oak Tree.
Second generation at Davis Farmers Market
The Barsotti-Barnes Family is one of the four farm families–Capay Organic–that founded the market in 1976. They still sell at the Davis Farmers Market today and also operate a successful statewide CSA program. (photo by Craig Lee)
2016 Picnic in the Park every Wednesday 4:30-8:30 pm
The Market’s 33-week-long concert season–Wednesdays, 4:30-8:30 pm–features live local bands of all genres, crazy-good eats from local food purveyors, fun for kids with bounce houses, pony rides, face-painting & two playgrounds. Plus our world-famous farmers market, featuring farm-fresh, feel-good produce, cheese, wine & more. Here’s the concert schedule:
- March 16–Blue Blazes (Rockabilly & Blues)
- March 23–The Kick N 60s (1960s Tribute Band)
- March 30–Peter Franklin Band (Classic Rock)
- April 6–Keep on Truckin’ (’60s & 70s Rock, Blues & R&B)
- April 13–Ray “Catfish” Copeland Band (American Roots Music)
- April 20–Sticky Vikki & the Pinecones (Rockabilly)
- April 27–Lisa Phenix Band (Folk & Americana)
- May 4–Notorious Shank Brothers (Bluegrass)
- May 11–Hardwater (Pop, Rock, Folk & Blues)
- May 18–High Strung (Bluegrass)
- May 25–The Sharks (‘60s Rock Instrumentals)
- June 1–Odd Man Out (Folk/’60s & ’70s Rock)
- June 8–Papa Hip (Rock & R&B)
- June 15–Acoustic S&M (50 Years of Folk & Rock)
- June 22–Ron Goldberg Quartet (Folk Rock)
- June 29–Frankie & the Fabletones (Rock ’n Roll Oldies)
- July 6–Mischief (Vintage Rock ’n Roll)
- July 13–The Hucklebucks (Blues)
- July 20–Lincoln Highway Band (Classic Country & Rockabilly)
- July 27–Guitar Mac & the Blues Express (Blues)
- August 3–Cold Shot (Retro & Modern Dance Music)
- August 10–Whiskey Alley (Rockin’ Country)
- August 17–Regal Beezers (Jazz Standards & Beatles)
- August 24 Julie & the Jukes (Blues)
- August 31–Highway 16 Band (Rock & Roll, Rhythm & Blues)
- September 7–It’s About Time (Big Band, Swing, Jazz & Latin Music)
- September 14–The Undulations (Post-Modern Swing & Dixieland)
- September 21–Tha Dirt Feelin’ (Hip Hop & Rock ’n Roll)
- September 28–Walkin’ the Dawg (Rock ’n Roll)
- October 5–Sidetracked (Eclectic Folk)
- October 12–Pleasant Valley Boys (Bluegrass)
- October 19–Jenny Lynn & Her Real Gone Daddies (Bluegrass)
- October 26–Anderson-Gram Duo (Folk & Americana)
Market's "Go Green, Feel Good" campaign reduces plastic bag use
Davis Farmers Market "Go Green, Feel Good" campaign takes a stand against plastic bags by showing shoppers a better way. The City of Davis "Single-Use Carryout Bag Ordinance" went into effect on July 1, banning single-use plastic bags at all retail, restaurant and city facilities. Even though the ordinance exempts plastic bags used for bulk items–produce, candy, nuts, cereals, donuts, cookies, etc.–and for meat, frozen food and potted plants, the Market is promoting and selling resuable produce bags to promote shopping without using plastic bags whenever you can.
Shoppers can purchase the bags in packages of three (three bags for $3) at the Market Shed at the Wednesday and Saturday Markets until supplies run out.
Want to know how to shop the Market without using plastic bags? Here's how. Thanks to Diane Parro for hosting our video!
Documentary about Davis Farmers Market goes public on YouTube
The 27-minute documentary about our Market–-–-is now available for viewing on YouTube.
Postcards on Sale
Eight full-color postcards are now on sale at the Market Shed during Market hours. Each postcard features people and scenes of Davis's well-loved farmers market. Postcards are 50¢ each, or $3.00 for a package of all eight designs.
Looking for another California farmers market?